Sunday, January 19, 2014

19 January 2014 -- Happy Birthday Surprise

So let me tell you about my week.
   I was on my back in bed till Thursday. Consequently I have 3 more chapters left in the Book of Mormon and I am so excited. I love the Book of Mormon so much, it really has incredible power that I cannot explain.
The flower head thing my companion made for me to wear on my birthday. I just wore it at that little gathering and then we gave it to that lady I talked to you about who is super sick, so she had something happy to look at in her room she is stuck in

Some of our investigators -
 I bought them ice cream on my birthday, they were in heaven.

   Can I just tell you how happy I was to finally be able to be a missionary again? It killed me not being out and working. But when I finally was back in a skirt, with the badge on, bag over the shoulder and companion at my side I was just on fire. I couldn't stop smiling for 2 days straight. There really is an authority given to missionaries to teach the Gospel and it's not a good feeling to have that precious time wasted lying in bed. I was slightly disobedient because I was told to take it easy but... come on... how could anyone finally turn back into a full time working missionary and not give it their all. We worked!! We hiked mountains, slide down cliffs and taught the Gospel to as many as we could. We found a Family and other than Tatay having a drinking problem and being stubborn, they are golden! We love sharing the gospel with them because they apply our teachings. Sister already stopped drinking coffee. You should see the smiles on their faces.
 
Those are our shoes on a very clean day.
You will notice the strap is broken, ahahha.
Guess what? We had 15 investigators come to church!! And not all of them were even there. Oh man!! We are so blessed. Three are getting baptized this Saturday and the rest are falling in line. Part of our responsibility in the Philippines is to save the rising generation... that is what we are doing. The pictures of my birthday party are all valiant, humble strong followers of Christ who love the Lord and want to endure to the end. How great is my joy! How I love each of them.
      We, me and my companion, are really going to work hard on focusing on following up with our investigators. What we want more than anything is that all of our investigators remain strong without us here. I shared with my companion my feelings that this would only happen if we make sure they are praying and reading the Book of Mormon....they are converts to the Book of Mormon not to us as missionaries. So pray for us please, as we make this a reality in every sense.
   I learned something this week.... hahah that's a statement if I ever heard oneWe were teaching one of our investigators who is rather stubborn. She is sweet don't get me wrong but we teach very simple to her about the priesthood and the foundation of the church and she does not understand. She is 60 plus and we teach her with her grandchildren. All of whom love our message and come to church and understand... but their grandmother cannot understand. This to me is another testament that the Book of Mormon is true. Over and over it talks about hardening our hearts so that we do not understand what the prophets teach. This lack of understanding does not mean that ... for example... a lot of the time I have no idea what Isaiah is trying to teach me. But... this is a different understanding.... rather an attitude. When we "understand" we are willing to listen with our hearts, we are willing to experiment. Our minds should be open to learning all truth not rejecting something that doesn't fit into our carnal likings. The Holy Ghost will always help us, if not understand in the moment,.. at least have an attitude of patience that soon, in the time of the Lord, we will understand. Sorry if that does not make sense, but I just again... Love the Book of Mormon.


Ok, thank you every one for your birthday wishes! You are all so dear to me. I love you all. We did work on my birthday and celebrated with a number of our investigators, had an area Devotional and then the Elders in my area threw a surprise party for me that night. It was a lot of fun. I am spoiled! So spoiled (=
   I am also learning how truly sensitive the spirit is. Every single conversation I take part in, every song I hear, every minute I spend dwelling on whatever.... everything affects the spirit. I pray that the spirit will continue to lead and guide each of us. I love you all so much!
  She was not crying.. she was whining... it's a Filipino thing, hahaha.


I have to go. Love you!!
   Sister Ralph

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading about the daughter whose mom brought me into the church. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed a lot, your blog is superb. please visit here happy birthday sister

    ReplyDelete